Alumni Association News and Updates: Summer 2023
I hope you are enjoying these long summer days.
The final weeks of the academic year are always a blur of activity for the Alumni Association. We love to connect with the graduating students and alumni that come back to the colleges.
We were honored to attend many end-of-year activities including the Colts Baseball Alumni Reunion, as well as the Careers in Music & Technology Lecture Series featuring CSM Alum and Grammy-winner Christian Tumalan.
As part of the countdown to commencement, the Alumni Association hosted cap decorating activities, where grads could decorate their mortar board caps, in advance of the big event. Let’s be honest. Part of the fun of attending any commencement ceremony, is seeing the many messages of tribute and celebration our graduates create on top of their caps!
Finally, we joined the rest of our colleagues and bid farewell to Chancellor Mike Claire, who retired after 37 years of service to the colleges and District.
Phew! It was a busy few weeks, indeed!
Alumni Association & Development Manager
Cool events to know about
Did you hear the news?
A roundup of the latest news and notes about your alma mater and the district.
- 53 years in the making, the Peninsula’s Cañada College finally gets its pool (SF Chronicle)
- Free college program for San Mateo County residents solidified (SM Daily Journal)
- San Mateo County Community College District trustees appoint former Millbrae councilman to fill vacated seat (Almanac)
- Community college district looks to boost workforce housing in Woodside (Almanac)
- Start the new year with the Peninsula’s best personal growth deal: Free college classes and a deeply discounted gym membership (RWC Pulse)
College of San Mateo
- Jazz on the Hill at College of San Mateo on June 10th (Everything South City)